Saturday, December 13, 2008

Community and Christmas

Maybe its because we're in a small town. Maybe its because all the behind the scences movers and shakers come through our doors. Maybe its the social atmsophere and the conversations we have with our regulars. Whatever the reason, I have never been so aware of the many individuals who do thing for others more needy than themselves around this time of year! As always, you have the small core group of people who do 75% all the work. All around I see groups raising money or food or toys for others. I have the honor of serving with serval non-profits so I get to see the stuff that goes on behind the scenes - all the meetings and planning and work parties that go into making each event sucessful. I look forward to contiued work with these nonprofits as we reach out the community members that needs us. Good job Veneta!

No comments:

Inside the life of a small business owner!

Food,wine, parents, brides, kids, and the daily grind!